Most people who plan to install carpets consider Home Depot as one of their top choices. If you are one of them, you may have come across their advertisement offering free installation as well. You get them installed by professionals if you have bought the carpets straight from Home Depot.
However, you might be skeptical about the pricing and wonder how much Home Depot installation may actually cost. So, to help you find the right answer, here are all the details in this article!
Customers wishing to spruce up the flooring inside their homes and workplaces with texture and color may purchase several indoor and outdoor carpets from Home Depot in a range of sizes. They may also opt for getting them installed by the company as it collaborates with licensed professionals to provide you with the best outcomes.
The three primary elements that affect how much it will cost to replace your carpet are the kind of carpet you choose, the padding, and the installation. The final cost will depend on the design and construction of the carpet type you choose, as well as the density and thickness of the carpet pad. However, Home Depot provides free carpet installation on qualified orders. Padding will typically cost between $0.74 and $1.14 per square foot, whereas carpet will cost between $1 and $6 on average.
Certain factors affect the carpet installation price. If you want to estimate the accurate cost, you may use the Home Depot carpet installation price estimate tool on their official website. Here are some of the factors that the tool considers to provide a price.
The type of carpet you select has the most influence on the final price. The price can typically range from $1 to $6. You have three carpet options as follows:
- Patterns: Carpets with patterns attract attention because they provide more aesthetic alternatives beyond color. The most distinctive type of carpet is a pattern, which comes in a variety of textures and patterns.
- Twisted: The effortlessly casual appearance of the twisted carpet is provided by its silky, twisted strands. This resilient carpet style, also known as frieze, is frequently the least priced and does a wonderful job of concealing footprints and vacuum lines.
- Loop Carpet: Loop carpet, also known as Berber, is common in workplaces and gyms because it is strong and good at concealing dirt, footprints, and vacuum marks. To strengthen its resistance to wear, the carpet’s strands are looped into the backing. The manufacturing methods of this carpet do reduce the overall softness, however. On average, loop carpet is much more expensive than twist and patterns carpet.
Most modern carpets come with features to help them last longer by resisting wear, preventing stains, and reducing the effects of moisture. Although these features typically help expand your carpet’s lifespan, they may increase the overall cost of the carpeting.
- Stain-resistant carpets use a blend of triexta and polyester fibers, so the carpet resists permanent stains and spills.
- Wear-resistant carpets use a blend of triexta and nylon fibers. These fibers efficiently reduce the effects of foot traffic, such as crushing and matting. The blend also helps boost the carpet’s overall appearance and improves its lifespan.
- Moisture-resistant carpets have olefin fibers that fight against the development of mold and mildew, making this characteristic suitable for high-moisture regions of your house.
- The cost of installation is also based on the material. While nylon and wool provide a more luxurious appearance and triexta is the best material, olefin and polyester are excellent choices for those on a restricted budget.
What is Included in the Carpet Installation?
A lifetime labor guarantee, including seams, restretches, and stair repair, is included with the carpet installation service. Your selection of carpet and carpet pads, new carpet installation, expert in-home flooring measurement, simple furniture movement, and lifetime labor warranty are all included in the carpet installation service.
Also, your old flooring and simple stairs may be ripped up and thrown away as part of your acquisition. However, you must put down a non-refundable deposit of up to $50 to book an in-home flooring measurement. The deposit will be deducted from the price of your installation.
The cost estimate tool requires measurement, the carpet type, color, and padding. Here’s how you can get the estimate.
Input the dimensions of the rooms where you want to get the carpets installed. You will be guided by the program as you enter the measurements for the rooms. Your measurements will be checked later by a measuring professional.
Choose your carpet from a range of choices to receive a quick quote. You can select carpets to match your room, way of life, and price range. The tool will provide you with an instant quote for your carpet installation project when you enter the dimensions of your space and choose your carpet.
Once everything is set, the business sends a specialist to your home to take exact digital measurements of your flooring area after you complete your full transaction online. Instead, you might schedule your measurement and save your estimate before purchasing your carpet.
You can get a free carpet installation with a $599 minimum purchase from Home Depot. The price entails ripping up the carpet and transporting it away, as well as relocating furniture and staircases. The installation job’s entire cost, including the product, installation, and pad, is discounted. There are no extra costs with the free installation.
However, commercial installations and glue-down, all-in-stock carpet types are not included in the discount offer. Moreover, only single-family residences can take advantage of the offer. You may also expect a separate billing if you purchase specialized goods necessary to finish the installation or the transfer of specialist furniture.
Home Depot’s shopping guides for carpet and carpet padding will assist you in selecting the best materials for your flooring. When you book an in-home measure, you will receive a Complimentary delivery of a carefully chosen selection of carpet samples depending on your preferences. Each carpet collection is backed by warranties that cover stains and wear and tear for periods ranging from 5 to 25 years. For warranty protection, professional cleaning is recommended every 12 to 18 months.