- Rhinoplasty is the medical name of a nose job surgery. Rhino means “nose”, and plassein means “to shape”.
- A nose job is the third most popular cosmetic surgery, as more than 200,000 patients are choosing this procedure every year. (As per The American Society of Plastic Surgeons)
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the cost of a nose job in the USA ranges from $5,000 to $15,000.
What is a nose job surgery?
A Nose job, also known as Rhinoplasty, is a nose reshaping surgery that can change in shape, size, and structure of your nose. This type of nose surgery is sometimes combined with septoplasty. It is the condition where the dividing wall between your nasal passages is crooked. It is used to improve the breathing of a person, while a Rhinoplasty is particularly performed for aesthetic reasons.
In a few cases, the cosmetic nose job also includes alarplasty that helps to narrow down the nostrils and lessen the nostril flare. It is important to look for a skilled and experienced surgeon to meet your aesthetic goals accurately. Moreover, you also need to ensure that their Rhinoplasty before and after photo gallery involves pictures of people who look like you.
What is the procedure for a nose job?
Rhinoplasty or a nose job in the USA is particularly performed on an outpatient basis. In addition, it can also be done in one of the two ways, such as open or closed. Both of these procedures involve an incision being made within the internal nostril region. However, the open Rhinoplasty approach improves an external incision on the undersurface of the columella. The external cut might leave a permanent scar and the skin of your nose will be undraped so that the inner structure of your nose becomes visible.
This procedure helps you get massive changes to your nose and take things apart more readily and reconstruct the nose. Nevertheless, it is vital for botched or revised noses, or noses that consist of difficult anatomy.
On the other hand, in closed Rhinoplasty, all the incisions are made inside your nose. It means, there is no external cut or risk of scarring. The nose is shaped and sculpted for subtle changes through the internal incisions.
Consequently, the plastic surgeon will select the appropriate nose job surgery for a patient according to the particular structural modifications. A nose job is one of the most satisfying processes, from a surgeon’s and patient’s perspective. The majority of the patients are happy and extremely satisfied with the results.
What is the cost of a nose job?
The total cost of the surgery and recovery varies greatly depending on the region and the physician. The nose job cost in the USA includes the fees from anesthesia, surgeons, hospital and ambulatory surgery centers, and more. It ranges from approximately $5,000 to $15,000.
What are the results of a nose job?
A nose job is a completely customized approach that can be done by considering the patient’s anatomy and aesthetic goals. Doesn’t matter what your personal reasons for nose surgery are, it is perfect to create the best nose shape and size for your face, such as:
- Balance your facial features by getting a smaller or shorter nose.
- Fix the asymmetry.
- Lift your droopy tip or bring down the upturned tip.
- Reduce the prominent hump or bump.
- Straighten the crooked bridge.
Is there any risk of a nose job?
- When performing a nose job, there are various risks to keep in mind. According to highly experienced and certified plastic surgeons, a nose job surgery is not without risks. One of the biggest risks of a nose job is a poor outcome. This is why it has the highest revision rate of any plastic surgery procedure ever performed.
- A poor outcome also means that the cosmetic appearance isn’t what the patient wants. Sometimes, it might even be worse than the pre-procedures. While the risks associated with a Rhinoplasty are generally less, it is important to be prepared for what you may experience during or after the surgery.
- Here are some of the most common side effects linked with a nose job.
- Swelling is a normal and unavoidable side-effect of Rhinoplasty. In this procedure, the bones, cartilage, and other delicate tissues in your nose will undergo manipulation and trauma, leading to pain and swelling.
- Rhinoplasty patients also experience bruising for the first 8-10 days, on average. Especially older men and women suffer from this symptom for a longer period.
- Some patients experience a small amount of nasal bleeding. It should be resolved after the first week of the procedure.
- Just like other surgeries, such as breast augmentation and facelifts, nose job surgery is natural for patients to experience tingling or numbness. These symptoms may last for weeks or even months.
- Infection is also considered a risk after the nose job. Therefore, it becomes important for a patient to follow proper hygiene and care to reduce the risk of infection.
Nevertheless, most Rhinoplasty patients tolerate the process and the recovery period perfectly. The ideal way to reduce your risk of prolonged side effects and other complications is to look for a highly-skilled, certified, and experienced plastic surgeon.
Who are eligible for a nose job?
Although most men and women are good candidates for nose job surgery in the USA, there is a particular criterion that needs to be followed to undergo the procedure. For instance, you should be:
- In a good health.
- More than 18 years old.
Additionally, patients going through one or more of the following issues can seek Rhinoplasty.
- Asymmetry: Twisted or deviated nose.
- Dorsal hump: A bump near the bridge of the nose.
- Dropping nasal tip: The angle between the upper and the lower nose is less than 90 degrees.
- Nasal width: Too narrow or wide nose.
- Nasal airway issues: Internal valve collapse and septal deviation.
- Prominent nasal tip: A fatty, bulbous, round, or disproportionate to the rest of the face.
- Post-traumatic deformities: Shape deviations after the nasal injury.
One of the best ways to rest assured you are an ideal candidate for a nose job surgery is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon. The friendly, honest, and diligent team of surgeons will provide you with the right support before, during, and after your nose job surgery. Therefore, it’s time to get the results you want and the compassionate care you deserve from the right surgeons.